All rules for the 2013 fair year apply with exception of the modifications listed below which will be typed in Bold font in the 2014 prize list book.
# 8 Items in section 4 through 15 must depict the Theme with All “Four Season’s” being represented in the display. Each fair tag must include notification of which season of choice item is representing. Ex Wind Chimes are representing “Summer”.
The items this year will receive placing according to judges decisions following the Homecraft Judging Standard Book of 1st
The display will be judged according to judge’s discretion with consideration to Inclusion of all four seasons being depicted in display, Creative Design, color, use of materials, and general appearance.
1. A bag or purse made from old jeans. Max 20”x16”. SMA Bernice Noblitt Comp. 2014
2. Short essay “When, How and Why I Joined the W.I. (Max. 250 words) Bernice Noblitt Comp.2014
3. Jar of Marmalade(with decorative lid in cloth) at least 2 fruits(name them) 250 ml jar Bernice Noblitt Comp 2014
4. Wind Chime using Recycled Material
5. Scrap Book Page depicting the four seasons, to include journaling on 12” X 12” page
6. Child’s Size Fair Isle knitted pullover, sizes no less than 8 and no larger than 12 SMA
7. Photo Collage of WI activities, mounted on 8.5” X11”
8. 3 pieces of chocolate fudge, size 2”X2”, plated and in clear plastic bag
9. Quilted, Reversible Table Runner, no more than 20” wide and 45” long, SMA
10. Winter arrangement using natural materials, no larger than 3 ft in height by 24”
11. Handmade Christmas Tree ornament
12. Homemade “Salsa” in 250ml preserving jar
13. Crochet scarf, no more than 60”inches in length
14. Handmade – Decorative Door Stop, Originality to be judged
15. Handmade “Scare Crow”, size 24” high X 18”
Note Change to Donors To Women’s Institute Classes
Mary MacGregor Memorial Award- Will be awarded to the branch with the highest number of 1st